Holiday season=Primetime for referral generation opportunities.
In November & December as you go to holiday parties, family gatherings, office parties, Christmas plays, year end banquets, etc you will see people in a more casual setting.
Conversations will start with open ended questions like:
-“How are things going?, What is new?, How have you been?”
- Have a good answer for “How are things going question?”
- “Business is _________ because of ____________. “Things are going______ recently I helped ________”
- Next year we need to do ____________to have a good year and hit our goals.
- Don’t say “Things are good or same old stuff”
- Listen more than you talk. You’ll find opportunities for yourself and others. You’ll notice that you are in the middle of a lot of referral opportunities.
- Group education spot: Do a target market exercise in November so your group is trained on what to listen for in the upcoming month: https://thereferralsgroup.com/target-market-exercise/
- Invite guests. Goal oriented business owners, sales reps, & producers are all starting to think about what they are going to do to grow their business next year. Invite them to come in Nov/Dec and you’ll have new members who are good referral sources for you by Jan/Feb.
Don’t go into shutdown mode. November & December is primetime to lay the foundation for a great start to next year for your business and your group!