Over the last month all but two of our groups have migrated over to Zoom meetings. After sitting through a ton in the last few weeks I’ve found some tips.
Zoom Meeting Etiquette (From Erica Smith, owner Your College Smith (Lex5 group): https://www.yourcollegesmith.com/
- Use the video option when available.
- Stage your video area & keep your head in the shot.
- More light is better.
- Look in the camera.
- Stay on mute when you aren’t talking.
- Don’t eat.
- The host should be the last one to leave.
- Be careful about chatting, but it is a great spot for a running log of questions for the speaker
- Remember the rules of in-person meetings.
1. Use Zoom to interview each other or promote webinars….I’ve seen a lot of FB live member to member interviews. If you want a great example check out “Daily Echo” on Facebook. Logan Nance in our Lex14 group has interviewed several members in 5-10 minute posts.
-This has been a great way to cross promote each other on your platform
-It is simple to do. You just schedule a Zoom meeting and use the “record meeting” function. Then you can save, edit, & post.
-I’ve set in on 2 estate planning workshops done by members
2. Use the screen share option for your:
I’m sick of the term “new normal”, but the reality is that this has become that for us. My complaining aside I think they are some things they we’ll use forever from this time that will help make us more efficient in the future.
For example I think I’ll recommend that we use Zoom moving ahead for:
-Some face-to-face meetings
-Membership interviews for prospective new members (in-between meetings)
-Interviews to cross promote each other on social media platforms
-I will use it for almost all of my initial prospect meetings that would require travel
I can’t wait for when we are allowed to begin meeting in person again!