As we enter into The Referrals Group online meetings for the foreseeable future here are some tips I’ve picked up from attending several other Referral Group online meetings in the last week.
- Kids are welcome! It is no problem for your kid(s) to be in the background or in your lap
- When they need you, they need you. Let them say hi and then mute yourself as needed, but stay in the meeting.
- Be patient with each other.
- Your chairperson may be navigating an online meeting & screen share for the first time. Show patience & help out.
- I recommend a test run with me or at least 1 other member before you do your first meeting to practice screen sharing & see how it runs….I’m happy to test run it with you!
- I recommend Google Hangout or Zoom. So far they seem to be the easiest to use on a PC, tablet, or phone.
- I don’t recommend conference calls for your group meeting. Seeing each others faces has mattered & made it feel more like a meeting. I’ve seen so many smiles with online meetings. It has been great!
Things I love about our online meetings so far
- You don’t have to get dressed up & it is ok to rock your bedhead, hat, or hoodie.
- Referrals are happening
- Members are sharing tips about how they are marketing during COVID-19
- It is GREAT to see everyone
Decisions made regarding meeting attendance has always been an individual group decision. I encourage you to be fair & considerate for those who may be in an “essential” field, have technology issues, a kid meltdown, or some other circumstance. As always meeting attendance & Face-to-Face meetings are two of the biggest drivers of referrals. I encourage you to keep those going.
Recruitment pipelines are being built up (even if invites aren’t going out). Don’t neglect recruitment because when we can finally meet in-person again there will be a flurry of activity.
- I recommend including prospective members who have already visited in your online meetings
- It is a group call on whether you host a 1st time guest or not
Working from home has challenges. This morning at 10:30am all 5 of my family members were on some type of online meeting or call. Even Mary (4 years old) was doing her pre-school online (picture attached). Every household is in the process of figuring it out. Let’s continue to work and figure it out together. Look forward to seeing you at upcoming online meeting of your chapter! Stay social distanced & healthy.
The Referrals Group